Unique New York

Just like a regular woman, only crankier.

Friday, August 11, 2006

The prodigal daughter returns

I am now officially back in OKC to fully immerse myself in wedding planning. The last few days has seen the attending to several easily forgettable details, as well as one meltdown. All in all, it is great to be back in my homestate.

My brother, Joshua, has recently moved to his new facility, and he is loving his new home. It is a lot like a college dorm for handicapped folks. Everyone looked happy and healthy, and were eager to introduce themselves to me. Josh even has a girlfriend! Her name is Angie, and she is a puckish redhead. She takes care of Josh like her baby. She hugs him and pats his head, and wipes his mouth in the dining hall. They are a match made in heaven.

Anyway, tonight, we had a giant birthday party for Josh, complete with party favors for 72 adults. They included fans, matchbox cars, and brushes and things for the girls. It was lovely.

I was helping Josh's girlfriend out with her hairbrush, when an older man came older to meet me. He had me guess where he was from, and it turns out he is from Queens. After sharing with him that I live in Brooklyn, he whispered in my ear, "I have a foot fetish." An unwanted advance from any man, handicapped or otherwise, is an unwanted advance. I said, "It's time for you to go make some other friends!"

Anyway, if this whole marriage thing doesn't work out, there's this guy at Josh's home that will settle for me wearing flip-flops all day long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home