Unique New York

Just like a regular woman, only crankier.

Monday, January 24, 2005

Universalities

Let's put aside my New York soliloquys and discuss things that are the same everywhere.

For example, Jenny Craig has a new ad campaign with Kirstie Alley as their giant purple spokesperson. I am fine with that. I have grown past hating her as the Pier 1 spokesperson, and think it's cool that she is casually referring to her own rubenesque-ness, and then calling the audience "chubby" in order to entice them to call Ms. Craig. I am, however, not okay with Kirstie shrieking like a starving Ethiopian and shouting "FETTUCCINI!!!!!!!!" That is annoying, and I don't care who you are.

Also, I have a mental image of skinny people getting really frazzled when Kirstie calls them chubby.

It is a universal fact that television programming sucks between the hours of one pm to three pm. This is the case, coast to coast, unless you're a freak who likes General Hospital. My babysitter used to turn on soap operas during our nap time. I still can't get through opening credits before getting really drowsy.

Those two things I know for sure. That, and everyone loves the George Foreman grill. If you haven't had bacon on that thing, you simply haven't lived, my friend.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:13 AM , Blogger sdRay said...

    San Diego is having a Hot Rod Halloween on Sunday, October 30. If you love low rider game then you will want to be there! All kinds of low rider game will be in attendance. For more information go to low rider game
    See Ya There!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home