Unique New York

Just like a regular woman, only crankier.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Family Emergency

I have some family news. Here is the e-mail my mom sent out:

Without going into any great detail at this time, Josh had gotten a couple of significant viral upper respiratory infections since Christmas. I sure I've talked with some of you since this happened. I haven't had a chance to call everyone due to hospital restrictions and no e-mail access.
Josh progressed within a few days from needing a little oxygen and a few breathing treatment to being moved to the PICU, and now is on a ventilator. His deterioration has been a steady downward spiral. His chances of survival are very slim. I would appreciate any prayers for him and our family. As I'm sure you all know I place a HIGH VALUE on QUALITY of life. Therefore, I will not allow him to be on life support indefinitely if he doesn't start to get better. Jessica and Russ are home and doing the night shifts at the bedside in the ICU with Josh. I cannot adequately express my gratitude to those of you who already know this situation and have responded with such wonderful signs of support. I know I probabaly sound splintered in my thoughts, but I haven't had a lot of sleep in the last 10 days.
I will try to keep everyone posted no matter what the outcome if this is.
I care deeply for all of you. Please forgive me if I don't return every phone call, it is simply because I'm so exhausted and when I'm not at his bedside I'm asleep either at the hospital or occasionally at home. I've cried until I feel like I have no more tears, but more always come when I begin to think about the probable outcome.
Laurie Stanford

1 Comments:

  • At 7:15 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Oh my Gosh! I just read this - if there is ANYTHING I can do - bring food to you in the hospital, go let dogs out, etc, please let me know. I truly mean it. You have my e-mail address.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home